- Organization: Milton Animal League
- Causes: Animals
- Contact person: Linda Kippenberger
- Phone: 617-698-0455
The Milton Animal League is always in need of extra helping hands. There is no need to commit to a particular schedule - even if you can drop in and walk a dog or pet a cat on occasion, the Milton Animal League (and the animals) will greatly appreciate it.
Many of the Milton Animal League volunteer questions come from students. Here's the scoop - in order to joins the ranks of the dedicated volunteers:
- You must be 14 years or older to come in without a parent or adult guardian. If you're under 14, you're always welcome with your parent or guardian along.
- If you are a minor, you'll need to get your parent or guardian to sign a permission form
- We have a number of students who fulfill their community service requirement at the shelter. You'll need to fill out a form at the shelter to record your hours, and get it signed by a supervisor in order to get credit from your school.
You'll be asked to help with any number of shelter tasks, such as:
- cleaning cat cages
- walking dogs
- restocking supplies
- general cleaning, such as mopping floors and doing laundry
- answering phones
- helping out at various events
Some of the events we hold are:
- annual rabies clinic
- annual holiday parties
- flea markets, and other fundraisers.
You don't need to live in Milton to volunteer. Call Linda Kippenberger at 617-698-0455 and leave a message, or come by anytime that the shelter is open.
Milton Animal League
Monday-Friday 1-5 p.m. or Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at
181 Governor Stoughton Lane, Milton, MA
Send mail to:
Milton Animal League, Inc.
181 Governor Stoughton Lane
Milton, MA 02186