Blizzard of '13: Milton Information Center
Stay updated on the storm.
This article will be updated throughout Winter Storm Nemo. If you have information on closures, road conditions or anything else related to the blizzard please add it to the comment section. We are also looking for photos, but remember, be safe.
Saturday, Feb 9:
Friday, Feb. 8
According to the restaurant's Twitter page (@AbbyParkMilton) Abby Park will close at 3 p.m. Friday and reopen Saturday at 3 p.m.
If you have a business closure announcement please add it to the comments.
Governor Patrick: "I have signed an executive order banning vehicle traffic effective at 4 p.m. today."
While snow flies in the present, take a look at a snow storm past
The Archdiocese of Boston sent a press release reminding church-goers to heed travel advisories while trying to attend mass this weekend. Part of the statement reads, "In the event that roadways are not clearfor travel on Sunday, the faithful are reminded that the obligation to attend SundayMass does not apply when there is grave difficulty in fulfilling this obligation."
We're monitoring snowfall totals at Milton Patch Headquarters. Share Your Homemade Snow Measurement System
The Milton Police Department posted the following information about pets on it's Facebook page. Just a reminder that your animals need to be kept out of harms way during the next few days with the expected bad weather. Keep them on a leash at all times because gates can fly open and fences may collapse. Also the wind may drift the snow and dogs can some times jump over barriers. The same rules apply for your animals. Keep them indoors as much as possible and avoid injuries.
NSTAR is ready for the blizzard. The company is advising customers to prepare as well.
Fox 25's visit to the Blue Hills Ski Area, planned for Friday, Feb. 8, has been rescheduled to Friday, Feb. 22.
Curry College campus closed Friday and Saturday
Curry College classes will be cancelled and offices will be closed on Friday and Saturday at the Milton and Plymouth campuses.
Thursday, Feb. 7-
We hit the street and asked the question How Are You Preparing for Winter Storm Nemo?
- Ulin Rink will be closed on Friday and Saturday due to the storm.
- The rink will reopen at noon on Sunday, February 10.
The Milton Public Library will be closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday due to the blizzard.
- On-street parking in Milton from now until Monday morning, February 11, is prohibited.
- A parking ban is also in place for all DCR roadways and parkways. This ban will begin at noon on Friday and continue until further notice.
- All Milton Public Schools will be closed on Friday, February 8.
- Facilities will be closed all weekend. This means all sports and the Walkathon have been canceled.
The Milton Food Pantry will reopen Saturday, February 16.
- Trash and recycling collection will begin at 6 a.m. on Friday
- Saturday's all day Warrant Committee meeting has been moved to Monday and Wednesday because of the storm.
- The Milton Police Department released the following statement on its Facebook page. It has a few reminders as the storm approaches.
Milton residents, as we are all aware, there is the potential for a blizzard in our area Friday into Saturday. Please be mindful of how you remove snow from your property and make sure that house numbers are visible to emergency personnel. Also, please keep hydrants clear. If you have elderly or disabled neighbors, please check in on them. Above all, be safe and stay off the roads if at all possible so the DPW can do their job and clear the streets.
Below is a list of essential phone numbers and websites you’ll need in case of an emergency.
- In an emergency, dial 911
- Police Department : 617-698-3800
- Fire Department : 617-696-5178
- DPW: 617-898-4900
- Selectmen's Office: 617-898-4845
- National Grid power outages : 800-465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- NStar power outages: 800-592-2000
- Comcast : 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon : 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)
- MBTA Service updates
- Milton Police Facebook
- NStar power outage Report an Outage form
- MBTA Service updates