Five Things to Do in Milton This Weekend: Feb. 17-20
Here are five things to do in Milton on Presidents' Day weekend.
1. Step Dancing: Interested in step dancing? St. Michael’s Episcopal Church offers step dancing every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event will be held in the Lower Parish Hall.
2. Friends Book Shop: The Friends of the Milton Public Library Book Shop is open Saturday. Purchase or donate gently used books from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the basement of the library.
3. Observatory tour: Visit one of Milton’s many historical sites this weekend, the Blue Hills Observatory. The observatory offers guided tours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Admission is $3 for adults and $1.50 for school-age children.
4. Hike the Blue Hills: Despite a chance of isolated showers late Saturday afternoon, the weather should be nice this weekend, according to the National Weather Service. Take some time to walk, hike or bike the trails on the Blue Hills Reservation.
5. Enjoy an extra day: For many people, this will be a long weekend. The Presidents’ Day observance will close many businesses including Town Hall, the Post Office, banks and the Milton Public Library.