Five Things to Do in Milton This Weekend: March 9-11
A sampling of happenings this week in and around Milton.
1. Homelessness speaker: Members of the Faces of Homelessness Speakers’ Bureau, a division of the National Coalition for the Homeless, will appear St. Agatha Parish on Friday night at 6:30. The program is free and open to everyone, regardless of religious affiliation.
2. Joshua Tree concert: The Irish Cultural Center, 200 New Boston Drive, Canton, will host U2 cover band, Joshua Tree, on Friday night. The concert starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 and available in advance.
3. Wildcat Fun Night: There will be a Wildcat Fun Night Friday from 6 to 8:45 p.m. at Glover Elementary School. The event is a fundraiser for the Milton High School Music Department Honor Society. The cost is $10 per child.
4. Maple Sugar Days: Brookwood Community Farm is scheduled for 10 to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Join the DCR for some traditional maple sugaring. Admission is $6.
5. Celebration for Education: The 13th annual Celebration for Education fundraising event will be held on Saturday at the Boston Marriott Quincy in Quincy. The event is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. to midnight. Learn more at www.miltonfoundationforeducation.org.