Five Things You Need to Know Today: August 21
Today you should know about an historical lecture, the Friends Book Shop and more.
Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, August 21. Here are five things you need to know.
1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with a high around 84, according to the National Weather Service. There is a chance of isolated showers, mostly after noon.
2. Twilight Talk Lecture: Forbes House Museum Executive Director Robin Tagliaferri will present “Bringing the Historic House Museum to Life: Forbes Family Stories and Anecdotes” tonight at the Harrison Gray Otis House, 141 Cambridge Street, Boston.
3. Farmers’ Market Week: In case you weren’t aware, this week is Massachusetts Farmers’ Market Week. Visit one (or several) of the various markets around the state for fresh produce and products. Milton’s market is open Thursday from 1 to 6 p.m. on Wharf Street.
4. Friends Book Shop: The Friends of the Milton Public Library Book Shop is open today. Purchase or donate gently used books from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today in the basement of the library.
5. Get the news: Sign up for the Milton Patch newsletter at milton.patch.com/newsletters to receive an email newsletter every morning. It’s free. It’s easy. It’s convenient.