Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 9
Today you should know about a Houghton's Pond ribbon cutting ceremony and more.
Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Monday, July 9. Here are five things you need to know.
1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 84 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Bathhouse opening: At 9:30 this morning the Department of Conservation and Recreation will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the new Houghton’s Pond bathhouse. If you can’t attend the event, check Milton Patch on Tuesday.
3. Blood pressure clinic: The Milton Council on Aging will host a blood pressure clinic today from 2 to 4 p.m.
4. Library storyteller: The Milton Public Library will host storyteller Len Cabral this evening at 7. The free event will be held in the Keys Community Room.
5. Milton Patch to your inbox: If you’d like to have Milton news sent directly to your email inbox, sign up for our newsletter. The free newsletter provides you options like daily updates and breaking news alerts. Go to milton.patch.com/newsletters to sign up now.