Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 30
Today you can get mad in Milton with the M.A.D. Scramble and Mad Science at the library.
Today is Thursday, June 30. Here are five things you need to know.
1. Sunny and hot: Today's forecast from the National Weather Service is a favorable one for Milton. The sunny skies will be accompanied by a high around 82, today. Overnight, some clouds will roll in with a low near 61.
2. Senior Health Fair: Bayada Nurses Home Care Specialists will host a free Senior Health Fair at Winter Valley today from 12 to 3 p.m. Local health-care professionals will be on hand and there will be free health screenings.
3. Mad Science: The Milton Public Library is hosting a Mad Science presentation for kids in grades one through six today at 1:30 p.m. Swing by the Children's Room to learn how to solve mystery formulas.
4. Time to get M.A.D.: The Third Annual Five Mile M.A.D. Scramble will hit the streets (and the trails) around Pierce Middle School and Turners Pond today at 6:30 p.m. The road race benefits the Michael A. Devin Memorial Fund.
5. Look back at the scramble: In case you didn't run in last year's event or were unable to attend, get caught up today. Here is a photo gallery of the 2010 race from photographer Roy Chambers. We also have video from last year's race including an interview with winner Tom Leger from Exeter, N.H.