Healthy Eating, Selectmen Discussions, Preschool Open House
Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, October 4, 2012.
Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Thursday, October 4. Here are five things you need to know.
1. Afternoon showers: The National Weather Service is forecasting an 80 percent chance of showers today, after 3 p.m. The daytime high will be around 67.
2. Nutrition event: Join Children's Hospital Clinical Dietician and Milton resident Tara McCarthy, MS, RD, LDN and chef Connie Spiros for the “Start Healthy Eating Habits Today” workshop at 7 tonight at the Milton Public Library. Registration is required for this free program.
3. Selectmen meeting: The Board of Selectmen will meet at Town Hall this evening. The 6:30 p.m. meeting will include discussion of the Community Preservation Act and Traffic Commission recommendations, among other agenda items.
4. A+ Nursery open house: A+ Nursery and Preschool, 134 Reedsdale Road, will hold a meeting with new parents of the program tonight at the Milton Public Library. The meeting will start a 6.
5. Trash collection delay: Due to Columbus Day, Monday, October 8, trash collection in Milton will be pushed back one day next week.