Milton Fire Wraps Up Investigation Into Adams Street Blaze
Milton Fire Chief Jack Grant estimates 589 Adams Street sustained $300,000 in damage after a three-alarm fire, Thursday.
Fire Chief Jack Grant estimated on Friday that the home sustained about $300,000 in damage after the fire that eventually collapsed the roof.
Two residents, one who is in a wheelchair, were home when the fire started around 11:30 a.m. Thursday, according to Grant. The residents were able to escape the home, uninjured.
Fire investigators were on the scene Thursday and Friday morning.
“They did an investigation and were able to locate the point of origin,” said Grant, who added the fire started in the stairwell between the second floor and the attic.
Grant said the exact cause of the fire could not be determined because of the damage. Investigators could not rule out smoking, a candle or a trash barrel in the area, according to the fire chief.