Valentine’s Day is tomorrow. Love it, or hate it, most folks tend to partake in the annual hearts/candy/flowers/love tradition. So, to help make Tuesday a bit easier, especially if you’re a last minute shopper, here are a few tips for picking up those perfect gifts for that special someone.
1. Think spring. Most folks, unless allergic, enjoy a fresh bouquet of their favorite flowers. They are pretty, cheery and make everyone think of warmer weather to come.
2. Lay on the Sparkle. You know your gal best. But, not many ladies would say no to something glittery. Depending on the level of your relationship, pick up a little jewelry to show your like/love/affection. Glittery gifts are available at Milton’s Galatea Fine Jewelry Grono & Christie Jewelers.
3. Cook up a Little Romance. If you have the culinary skills, why not cook to impress your significant other? No need for reservations or getting dolled up. For a few tips on romantic treats to create, click here.
4. Spoil the Sports Fanatic. Patriots, Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics. Whatever the favorite team, any sweetie that loves his or her team could appreciate game tickets or new gear. Visit our team’s website for all your sports gift needs.
5. Tempt the Chocoholic. Calories do no count on Valentine's Day! It is the one day of the year folks can indulge in dark, milk or white chocolaty goodness. Truffles, chocolate-covered strawberries or the Valentine heart-shaped box of assorted sweetness. Be sure to pick up a box for your favorite person at the Fruit Center, CVS or Tedeschi’s
6. Pamper Your Person. For that always-working, super busy, special someone, head to the spa and pick up a package that will melt his or her stress away. Contact Belle Visage, B. boutique, Salon Matteo or Body Benefits Day Spa for spa services right here in town.
7. Donate to a Cause. Make a donation to your sweetheart's favorite charity and brighten his or her day knowing that he/she is supporting a great cause. For a list of some Milton charities, click here.
8. Go Old School. Remember the days of schoolyard Valentine's and homemade, heart-shaped, construction paper cards? Take a cue from the kiddos and create a love letter, poem or scrapbook to appreciate your someone special.
9. Bake a Little Something Special. If your sweetheart is more into cookies and cakes than the traditional box of chocolates, the bakery items available at Bent’s Cookie Factory or Cakes Bakery may hold the treat you’re seeking.
10. Wine and Dine Your Love. Romance your sweetie with a night out. Maybe revisit the spot where you first met, the place you went to on your first date or the restaurant where you proposed (or will propose!) Check out Open Table and reserve a table for two with a champagne toast.