Milton to Celebrate Veterans Day with Parade, Presentation
A parade and observance at Town Hall will take place on Monday, November 12.
The Town of Milton will recognize Veterans Day on Monday with a parade and a presentation at Town Hall.
The parade, which will feature scouts, veterans, town officials and Legion members, will travel down Canton Avenue from Milton High School to Town Hall. The parade portion of the observance will begin at 10:30 a.m.
At Town Hall, Lieutenant Colonel Matthew Stanton, U.S. Army, and U.S. Rep. Stephen Lynch will highlight the observance. The Milton High School Chorus and Concert Band will also provide music to the event.
Below is the schedule for Monday’s observance.
1. Opening Remarks – J. Thomas Hurley, Chairman of the Board of Selectman
2. Introduction/Comments – Frank Stout
3. Opening Prayer – Rev. Arthur F. Wright, St. Mary’s of the Hills Parish, Milton
4. Special Remarks – Congressman Stephen F. Lynch
5. Remarks – Austin McGuirk, Commander Legion Post 114
6. Final Orders of General John J. Pershing – Peter Eberhardt , Milton High School Senior
7. Armed Forces Medley – Milton High School Chorus & Concert Band
8. Veterans Day Legion Program – Raising/Lowering of Flag –Legion Members; Star Spangled Banner – Milton High School Mixed Chorus
9. Veteran’s Day Speaker – U.S. Congressman Stephen Lynch
10. Veteran’s Day Speaker – Lieutenant Colonel Matthew Stanton, US Army
11. Closing Comments –Michael Cunningham, Veteran’s Officer Town of Milton
12. Closing Prayer – Rev. Jeff Johnson, First Congregational Church, Milton
13. God Bless America – Milton High School Concert Band