Invite a friend
Sports Talk: Bill Littlefield of NPR's Only A Game
Batter up! Baseball season approaches, and sports commentator Bill Littlefield will present “Only A Game…Except When It Isn’t” on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 2 p.m. in the Keys Community Room (lower level) of the Milton Public Library, located at 476 Canton Avenue in Milton. Enjoy his insights and ask him questions!
Mr. Littlefield is the commentator for NPR’s award winning sports magazine Only a Game. He is known for putting sports in perspective with intelligent analysis, insightful interviews, and a keen sense of humor. Only a Game means sports – NPR style.
This event is sponsored by The Friends of the Milton Public Library, and is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, contact Jean Hlady, Adult Services Librarian, at (617) 698-5757 or visit www.miltonlibrary.org
More About Milton Public Library
This three-story library offers a variety of cultural experiences for children, teens, and adults. Aside from a variety of books and reference materials, the library also displays art throughout the building, and hosts a range of events. The Milton Public Library opened at its current location on the corner of Canton Avenue and Reedsdale Road in 1904. Since that time, the facility has undergone a series of updates and renovations.
Other events here
- Time for Tales Weekly on Fridays, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Friends Book Shop Sale Weekly on Saturdays, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- Chat with Job Doctor Roni Noland Weekly on Mondays, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Friends Book Shop Sale Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- Nerf Battle Tue, May 28, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Public Library: Small Wonders Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am–10:30 am
- Friends Book Shop Sale Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- French classes Weekly on Thursdays, 4:00 pm–4:45 pm
- Time for Tales at the Library Weekly on Fridays,
- After School Movie Fri, Jun 7, 3:00 pm–5:00 pm