To expand its ferry and commuter boat options, Boston Harbor Cruises (BHC) launched a new year-round Water Taxi service to the entire Boston Waterfront. As part of the launch, BHC announced that it is celebrating eight outstanding women employees by naming the water-taxi boats in their honor.
Gina Cameron of East Milton has worked for BHC for the past 14 years and was among the women honored.
“I was very shocked when the Nolan family informed me that they would be naming a boat after me,” said Cameron, BHC’s ticketing and reservation manager. “The Nolan’s have always treated me like a member of their family and this is just another extension of that. To have a boat named after me at company with such a great reputation throughout the cruise industry is quite an honor.
Alison Nolan, general manager and principal with BHC, said the company was very excited about this opportunity to highlight many of its longest-serving employees.
“Boston Harbor Cruises is proud to have such extraordinary and dedicated women as a part of our team,” Nolan said. “Each woman is a part of our extended family, we are delighted to honor them in this small way as an expression of our sincerest admiration and gratitude.”
Operating with eight vessels, the direct, on-call Water Taxi service will take passengers to 22 different destinations on Boston Harbor quickly. With convenient, affordable and reliable pickups, riders can request a water taxi by calling (617) 227-4320 or using the Uber app June 4 through June 15. The “UberBOAT” option will appear in the app within ¼ mile of Boston Harbor. To request a water taxi, riders should place the pin at their nearest dock location and tap “REQUEST UberBOAT.” Once a captain has accepted a request, riders will receive a call from the captain to confirm the location and provide additional details on reaching the dock.
Fares are $10 one way to/from Boston, $17 roundtrip to/from Boston, $20 each way to/from Charlestown, and $20 each way to/from Black Falcon Cruise ship terminal. Fares requested through the Uber app cost $10 per person, and $15 per person to/from Dock 2 – Black Falcon and Dock 43 – Tudor Wharf. A $1 booking fee and 20 percent gratuity is automatically added to all fares requested through Uber and a $10 cancellation fee will be charged if riders cancel more than five minutes after the captain has accepted the request. Hop on to avoid the stress of flagging down a cab and being stuck in gridlock. Travel with ease to explore the incredible neighborhoods, restaurants, museums and shops along Boston Harbor.
The Water Taxis 22 Stops include:
- Logan Airport: Hyatt Harborside, Hilton Boston Logan Airport, Embassy Suites at Logan Airport
- Black Falcon Cruise Ship Terminal: Boston Design Center
- Liberty Wharf: Del Frisco’s, Jerry Remy’s, Legal Harborside, Temazcal, Bank of America Pavilion, 75 on Liberty Wharf
- World Trade Center: Seaport Hotel, Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel, Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, No Name Restaurant, Morton’s Steakhouse, and more
- Fan Pier Marina: Institute of Contemporary Art, Louis, Sam’s, Strega Waterfront, Empire, One Marina Park, Vertex
- Moakley Federal Courthouse: Daily Catch
- Barking Crab Restaurant: Boston Children’s Museum
- Atlantic Wharf: Smith & Wollensky, TRADE
- InterContinental Hotel: South Station, Downtown Crossing, Langham Boston Hotel, Post
- Office Square, The Palm Boston
- Lewis Wharf: Sargents Wharf, North End, Pilot House
- Burroughs Wharf: North End restaurants and shops
- Fairmont Battery Wharf: Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel
- Tudor Wharf: Residence Inn Marriott, Constitution Marina, City Square Charlestown
- Charles Navy Yard: USS Constitution, Flagship Wharf
- Shipyard Quarters Marina: Tavern on the Water
- East Boston: Boston Harbor Shipyard
- Central Wharf: Boston Harbor Cruises, The Landing, New England Aquarium, Hilton Boston Financial District Hotel
- Long Wharf: Boston Harbor Cruises, The Landing, Marriott Long Wharf Hotel, Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market, Legal Seafood, Chart House, Joe’s American Bar & Grill, Whale Watch, North End restaurants and retail stores
- Yacht Haven Marina
Monday – Saturday: 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday: 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Requests through the Uber app are available Wednesday, June 4 through Sunday, June 15. For more information visit: http://blog.uber.com/uberboatboston.