Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Monday, November 5. Here are five things you need to know.
1. Fall temperatures: The high will be around 45 today with mostly sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Monthly book discussion: The Milton Library’s monthly book discussion will take place today. The 10 a.m. session will be held at Winter Valley followed by a discussion at the Milton Public Library at 7:30 p.m. This month’s selection is Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen.
3. Veterans luncheon: Milton veterans are invited to the annual Milton Council on Aging Veteran’s Appreciation Luncheon on Friday, November 9 at 11:30 a.m. Veterans who would like to attend are encouraged to call the Senior Center at 617-898-4893.
4. Family Literacy Month: The Milton Public Library will hold several events over the next few weeks to recognize Family Literacy Month. The library, among other organizations, will work to promote reading as a family activity.
5. Check the guide: The presidential election is Tuesday. Visit the Milton Patch Election Guide for everything you need to know relating to tomorrow’s election.