Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Thursday, October 18. Here are five things you need to know.
1. More sun: Today will sunny with a high near 62, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Anti-substance abuse presentation: Fall River native and former Boston Celtic Chris Herren will share his story of basketball stardom, substance abuse and recovery at Milton High tonight at 7.
3. Selectmen meeting: The Milton Board of Selectmen will meet at Town Hall at 6:30 tonight. The agenda for the meeting is available here.
4. Planning Board meeting: The Milton Planning Board will also be in session tonight at Town Hall. The session begins at 6:30.
5. Play reading: The Milton Players will host a reading of To Kill A Mockingbird tonight at the Milton Public Library. The free event will start at 7.