Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, August 14. Here are five things you need to know.
1. Heat continues: The National Weather Service is forecasting a mostly sunny day with a high around 88.
2. Summer concert: Enjoy some music at tonight at 6:30 as part of the Parks and Recreation Department’s summer concert series. Today’s performer will be Curragh’s Fancy.
3. YMCA open house: Milton’s community YMCA located at 1137 River Street, Hyde Park will open its facilities to residents each Tuesday in August. Stop by today for free swim, gym and classes.
4. Night Owls Storytime: The Children’s Room at the will host Night Owls Storytime this evening from 6:30 to 7. Children between the ages of three and five, along with a caretaker, are invited for songs and stories. Pajamas are optional.
5. Milton Patch to your inbox: If you’d like to have Milton news sent directly to your email inbox, sign up for our newsletter. The free newsletter provides you options like daily updates and breaking news alerts. Go to milton.patch.com/newsletters to sign up now.