Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, August 15. Here are five things you need to know.
1. Showers likely: According to the National Weather Service, rain is likely today and storms are possible after 9 p.m. The daytime high will be near 84.
2. Milton Reads: The program, will begin next month with town-wide events around the book, To Kill a Mockingbird. For the latest information, visit miltonreads2012.wordpress.com
3. MRTC meeting: The Milton Republican Town Committee will meet at the tonight at 7.
4. Chair exercise: Of the many programs today at is the 1 p.m. Chair Exercise class. Learn more about the fitness program, .
5. “Steel Magnolias” auditions: The Milton Players’ 80th season will begin in November with “Steel Magnolias.” Auditions for the show will be held at on August 20 and 21. For information visit, http://miltonplayers.org/auditions.html.