Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, January 18. Here are five things you need to know.
1. High 20s: Today will be a cold one, according to the National Weather Service, with a high around 27. Skies will be sunny.
2. Thyroid health presentation: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton will sponsor a “Food for Thought” luncheon at the Milton Council on Aging today at 11:30 a.m. Endocrinologist, Dr. Tonslyn Toure will discuss thyroid health. Advance registration is required.
3. Weekend forecast: The National Weather Service is forecasting highs near 47 on Saturday and 43 on Sunday.
4. MLK Day: Monday is the observance of Martin Luther King Day, which means state and federal buildings will be closed on January 21.
5. MLK Day celebration: Milton’s Annual Martin Luther King Day celebration will take place at Concord Baptist Church, 180 Blue Hill Avenue, on Monday, beginning at 5:30 p.m.