Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, November 14. Here are five things you need to know.
1. High 40s: Today will be sunny with a high around 47, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Fight hunger with hunger: Middle and high school students are invited to the Milton Public Library for a screening of The Hunger Games today at noon. Students are asked to bring canned food or dry goods, which will be given to the Milton Community Food Pantry.
3. MPS conferences: There will be early release in the Milton Public Schools today for parent/teacher conferences. Evening conferences will take place at Pierce Middle School tonight.
4. Food and mood: The Milton Public Library will host Registered Dietician Maisie Ostrye, MS, RD, LDN tonight at 7 for a nutrition workshop called "Food and Mood." Learn how what you eat can improve your mood and energy level.
5. Milton Republicans: The monthly meeting of the Milton Republican Town Committee will take place at the Milton Library tonight at 7.