On Saturday, September 15, 2012, the Milton Department of Public Works will hold a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Day for Milton residents.
Collection hours are from 9 a.m. to noon. The collection takes place at the DPW Yard, 629 Randolph Avenue, rain or shine.
Materials should be left, where possible, in their original containers. Containers should be put in sturdy boxes and placed in the trunk of a vehicle so that contents will be easy to remove. Residents will remain in their vehicles during the entire collection process.
The following items can be brought to the collection:
- Adhesives and glues
- Aerosol cans
- Engine degreaser, brake and transmission fluid
- Hobby and art supplies
- Household cleaners and spot removers
- Non-alkaline batteries (these are found in camcorders, cordless power tools, cordless phones and laptop computers).
- Oil-based paints
- Photo chemicals and chemistry sets
- Poisons, insecticides, pesticides, and weed killers Solvents and varnishes
- Swimming pool chemicals
- Waste fuels (kerosene, gasoline)
- Wood preservatives and fiberglass residue
These items will not be accepted:
- Latex paint (for information on how to dispose of latex paint, please call the DPW)
- Alkaline batteries such as AA, D, etc. (These can be placed in your trash)
- Mercury-containing items and fluorescent bulbs (collected at the Recycling Center the
- first Saturday of each month)
- Prescription medicine or syringes
- Commercial or industrial waste
Except for the items listed below, the collection is free for Milton residents:
- Tires: $3 each
- Car Batteries: Up to 3 for $3
- Waste Oil, Antifreeze: Up to 3 gallons for $3
- Propane Tanks: $3 each
- Fire Extinguishers $3 each
No cash will be accepted. Please pay by personal check or Trash Sticker.
For more information, please call the DPW at (617) 898-4900.
The above information was provided by the Milton Department of Public Works.