Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, November 21. Here are five things you need to know.
1. Mostly cloudy: Today will be mostly cloudy with a high reaching 50 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Happy Thanksgiving: On behalf of Milton Patch, I’d like to wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving. The news won’t stop here during the holiday weekend, so please check back or sign up for our newsletter at milton.patch.com/newsletters.
3. Library hours: The Milton Public Library will close today at 5:30 p.m. The library will remain closed until 9 a.m. Friday for Thanksgiving.
4. No meetings: While Town Hall will be open today, there are no meetings scheduled there until next week. The municipal meeting schedule can be found at townofmilton.org.
5. Good luck, Wildcats: The Milton High varsity football team will take on Braintree High in the annual Thanksgiving Day showdown tomorrow. The game, which kicks off at 10 a.m. Thursday, will be held at Braintree High School, 128 Town Street.