Texting, Facebook, YouTube. What are kids doing on the Internet? And who are they talking with? Learn about social networking, texting, and how to keep your child safe online at our Internet Safety Night on December 13, 2012 from 6:30-7:30 in the Cunningham/Collicot Library.
Technology is changing fast, and many of us are struggling to stay one step ahead of our kids and learn everything we can about going online. This isn’t an easy task—our kids have never known life without the Internet, and in many cases, they know more about it than we do.
Please join us as we discuss what our children are doing online and how to teach them to be smart, safe, and respectful digital citizens. You’ll learn about:
• The importance of learning about the sites and applications your child uses.
• Smart phones and how kids are using them.
• Social networking sites and how to help your child use them wisely.
• What to do if your child is the victim of online bullying.
• Objectionable content, how to block it, and what to do if your child views it.
• Online gaming.