The Residences at Brook Hill, 36 Central Avenue, has been in the news for a while, from its development to its opening last year. Over 100 years ago, the location was the headquarters for the Milton Police Department.
The police station on Central Avenue was built in 1890. Eventually, the Milton Police headquarters was relocated to the current station at 40 Highland Street.
Through historical photos from the Milton Historical Society we can see the property exactly 100 years ago and what it looks like today.
The first photo shows the Central Avenue police station in 1912. In front of the building are Chief Maurice Pierce and Officer Fallon inside the Police Stanley Steamer.
The second photo is 36 Central Avenue in 2012.