The Board of Trustees has appointed a Search Committee to find a new director.
Library Trustee members serving on the Committee are Hyacinth Crichlow, Janet Evans, Brendan McLaughlin and Mary Riffe Hiss who has been named chair. Gene Boylan is the Library Foundation representative and Liz Buchanan is representing the Friends of the Milton Library.
The Committee began meeting weekly starting in late May and anticipates that final candidates will be presented to the Trustees later this year for selection.
An initial step in the selection process is to obtain community input regarding the profile of the next Library Director for Milton. The Search Committee has developed a plan to quickly reach out to many different constituents in Milton so as to include town-wide input about the attributes desired in the new director.
The two primary methods to obtain input are:
- A three question survey for the community to complete - available at the Library through June 30th
- Three focus groups to be held at the Library in the Keys Conference Room. These focus groups are open to everyone in Milton.
- Tuesday, June 19th from 7-8 p.m.
- Friday, June 22nd from 10-11 a.m.
- Saturday, June 23rd from 10-11 a.m.
The information gathered from the community will shape the profile description for our next director. The Search Committee welcomes suggestions and input from all Milton residents. The Search Committee email is firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions and/or feedback.
The above release was submitted by Mary Riffe Hiss, Search Committee Chair.