.

Red Cross Assists Residents Displaced After Cheever Street Fire

The Milton Fire Department quickly knocked down a kitchen fire on Sunday afternoon.

Four residents were displaced Sunday after a kitchen fire in a two-family condo on Cheever Street.

The responded to 32 Cheever Street around 1:30 p.m. on September 9. The fire, which started in the kitchen located in the rear of one of the units, struck a second alarm.

“We got quick notice and it was knocked down quickly,” said Deputy Chief Kevin Mahoney, who was on the scene.

Mahoney said both units suffered smoke damage and the electrical was turned off in the building.

The American Red Cross assisted all the residents involved.

One adult and two children, one of which was an infant, were displaced from the condo with the fire.

According to a release from the American Red Cross, volunteers provided, “emergency funds for food and clothing, one Mickey Mouse doll for the older child, and comfort kits – toiletries like toothbrushes and combs. Infant supplies like formula and diapers were also distributed.”

One adult living in the adjoining unit was given an emergency hotel room, emergency funds and a comfort kit.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »