Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, October 30. Here are five things you need to know.
1. More rain: The National Weather Service is forecasting a 100 percent chance of precipitation today. The daytime high will be near 69.
2. Closures possible: While the worst of Hurricane Sandy hit Milton on Monday afternoon into the evening, rain and wind continued through the night. Because of the uncertainty, some offices, organizations and businesses may be closed today. Milton Patch will update frequently with the latest closures and cancellations.
3. Trash collection still on: The Town of Milton will be on the regular collection schedule today for recycling and trash.
4. Upload your photos: Did you take photos or videos during yesterday’s hurricane? Upload them to the community gallery and show your neighborhood what you experienced.
5. Outage map: Crews from NStar have been working on restoring power since the storm hit. Check http://outage.nstar.com/outage/ to see what percentages of Milton, and other NStar towns, are still without power.