Who to Call: Jeffrey d'Ambly is the tax assessor of the town of Milton. He can be reached at 617-898-4863.
- The Tax Assessor's office handles the assessment of residential, commercial and industrial properties in the town.
- Personal tax exemptions are made for veterans, surviving spouses, minor child, senior citizens and the disabled. For information about the exemption requirements and applications, click here.
- Assessment appeals for reduction of taxes should be made to the Union County Board of Taxation at the Town Hall, Milton, Massachusetts.
Who to Call: James D. McAuliffe is the treasurer/tax collector of the town of Milton. Diane M. Gore is the assistant treasurer. They can both be reached at 617-898-4853.
- The tax collector is responsible for the investment, receipt and disbursement of town funds, and billing, collection of taxes and issuance of municipal lien certificates.
- Local property taxes are collected four times a year. As per the State law, taxpayers are required to locate the tax bill and pay in a timely manner.
- An interest at a rate of 14 percent per annum is charged on delinquent taxes.
- With the approval of the Board of Selectmen, the treasurer handles the short and long-term borrowing which the Town Meeting authorizes.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.