Friday, April 5, 2013
Gusty northwest winds are expected Friday afternoon.
The National Weather Service is warning of elevated fire weather conditions developing Friday afternoon and continuing into Saturday. Gusty northwest winds are expected Friday afternoon. The winds plus dry conditions will create a fire hazard, according to the NWS. Elevated fire conditions will continue through mid-day Saturday, but winds should diminish in the afternoon. There is a “low probability” that southwest winds on Sunday will cause a wind advisory. The elevate fire weather conditions stretch from Massachusetts to Rhode Island.
Friday, December 28, 2012
Damage was sustained to the garage and main house at 22 Parkwood Drive on Friday morning.
A morning fire at a Parkwood Drive Colonial struck two alarms on Friday, December 28. The Canton and Randolph fire departments assisted the Milton Fire Department in extinguishing the blaze. The report of a fire at 22 Parkwood Drive came in around 7:15 a.m. Fire Chief Jack Grant was unsure if anyone was home when the fire started, but he said the owner is out of state. The fire appeared to start in the lower level of the garage, and Grant said flames were visible in the first and second level of the garage when firefighters arrived. Damage from the fire eventually spread into a first floor family room and the attic, according to Grant. “It was tough to get a hold of,” Grant said at the scene. “There was fire in the walls. There was fire in…
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
The fire, which started with a grill on the front porch, eventually spread to the attic.
It appears that a propane grill is responsible for a three-alarm fire that ripped through 12 Azalea Drive after 6 p.m. on Tuesday. No one was hurt in the blaze, which was quickly contained the Milton, Boston and Randolph Fire Departments. According to Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Finerty, the homeowner, John Tangney, lit his propane grill on the front porch and went back inside the middle unit in the three-unit townhouse. A short time later, he heard a pop and noticed fire shooting out of the grill. Finerty said the fire spread up the front of the house and into the attic. The only unit to sustain damage was Tangney’s. “These guys did a great job keeping it contained to the middle unit,” said Fire Chief John Grant. Tangney and his wife were the…